Blog Archive

Wednesday 6 November 2019

A Small Repair

I bought two pre-owned Princess Class Horby-Triang trains and only noticed afterwards that the cab roof of the one was broken off. The challenge was on! I made a mould of the other one, (a bit rough but it did the trick) and then cast a new roof. Unfortunately I cut the old damaged roof away in bad light and didn't do a good job which entailed hiding the flaws with modelling clay. Anyway, the final product wasn't as neat as I would have liked it, however it is good enough for now and I have figured out how to better go about it if I ever have to do something like this again.

The two loco's next to each other
 The mould, a bit rough
 The cast roof
 In place
 Modelling clay
 First spray, (it helps to see the flaws for smoothing out)
Second spray and livery. I still need to add a bit of detail and weathering with paint .

1 comment: